MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Remember Me" for Login???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering if there is a way to set up a "Remember Me" checkbox for login so that members only have to initially login. When they leave the forum and come back maybe the next day or days later, they just come to the forum and not have to login.

The reason I ask this is because I am going to be using DL Guard's script to get to the forum. It requires a login to get to the forum. So, I don't want my forum members to have to login twice. DL Guard has told me that my members can just click the "Remember Me" checkbox for the forum login and then they would just need to login once (with DL Guard). But, I don't see that option for my forum. Can someone tell me if it is possible to put this on my forum login?
open PhpMyAdmin and do this query:

update mybb_users set remember="1"

and take a look your template, and change to prevent next future user checked the "Remember Me". But, this is not good for some user who access from Internet Cafe. Because cookies still remain in some periods.

in usercp_options template, find
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" id="remember" value="1" {$remembercheck} /></td>

change value="1" in to "0"
This is default in 1.6 as well so you won't need this fix for long Smile
When is 1.6 coming going to be available?

(2010-07-22, 11:18 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]This is default in 1.6 as well so you won't need this fix for long Smile
Very soon we only have a few more bugs to fix. But as always we say "It will be ready when it's ready" Smile
I'm just curious because I'm wondering if I should wait to present my forum to the public. I have put it off until mid-August. If it's going to be around that timeframe and soon after, I will just tell my members to hold on. Do you think it will be ready sometime close to mid-August?

(2010-07-22, 03:38 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Very soon we only have a few more bugs to fix. But as always we say "It will be ready when it's ready" Smile
The last time i saw a potential release time from a staff member, it was 1-2 months from a week ago...

So you should not expect to see it in mid-august, more probably in september.

Wink
(2010-07-22, 04:39 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]The last time i saw a potential release time from a staff member, it was 1-2 months from a week ago...

Wink

Seriously doubt that to be honest. If you have a look at the dev site (http://dev.mybb.com) then you can easily see there are around 3 or 4 bugs which still need to be fixed. After then the SQA team just need to go through the 'Resolved' ones and then it will be ready for release.

To be honest if all goes well I personally would think it would be released in Late July/Early August.
Thanks Polar Bear! That's great! Since my forum is not up and running to the public yet, I'm going to wait for the release. But, I do want to know if we are going to have issues with templates and plugins and such! I'm having some issues with those from upgrading from 1.4.12 to 1.4.13, so I don't want to waste my time fixing them now if I'm going to be doing it all over again. I hope that makes sense. What are your thoughts? Huh

(2010-07-22, 06:57 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-22, 04:39 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]The last time i saw a potential release time from a staff member, it was 1-2 months from a week ago...

Wink

Seriously doubt that to be honest. If you have a look at the dev site (http://dev.mybb.com) then you can easily see there are around 3 or 4 bugs which still need to be fixed. After then the SQA team just need to go through the 'Resolved' ones and then it will be ready for release.

To be honest if all goes well I personally would think it would be released in Late July/Early August.