MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 90% physical memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
On my server, it says I have used up 90% physical memory and 0 % swap. It's a dedicated server with 4GB of Ram and 2CPU. Was wondering if this is something I should worry about and/or do I need to upgrade to more ram/cpu?
What's running?
(2010-07-22, 12:08 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]What's running?

2 IPB forums, 1 Vbulletin forum, 1 MyBB forum, an image/file uploader, and a coppermine gallery.
Seems about right, you should probably upgrade.
(2010-07-22, 12:12 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]Seems about right, you should probably upgrade.

Yeah. I'm thinking about that. Just wanted to see if it was something to worry about or not.
statistic of your both forum? like total posts/threads?
And I believe, you should upgrade if your each forum has more than 1 million posts.
(2010-07-22, 12:17 AM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]statistic of your both forum? like total posts/threads?
And I believe, you should upgrade if your each forum has more than 1 million posts.

Forum #1: 300,000+, 5000+ members IPB
Forum #2: 20,000+, 700+ members IPB
Forum #3: 700+ posts, 50+ members Vbulletin
Forum #4: 50+ posts, 5 members MyBB

Coppemine gallery: 18,000+ images
File uploader: not sure.. Toungue
Keep in mind nix systems run memory very differently. The truth is that as long as you're not using swap you're fine.
Linux servers cache as much memory as possible (normally around the 90% mark). Run this command in SSH and post the output:

free -m
(2010-07-22, 12:22 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind nix systems run memory very differently. The truth is that as long as you're not using swap you're fine.

Phew... upgrading would have cost me $100 dollars more a month.

(2010-07-22, 12:23 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Linux servers cache as much memory as possible (normally around the 90% mark). Run this command in SSH and post the output:

free -m

In the SSH/Shell access? Sorry, I've never really used that before so I don't really know what do. Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3