MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Drupal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
NetSage Wrote:This summer when I have time I'm going to take the leap to learning PHP. Also since I've decided to use Drupal now(Still trying to figure out taxonomy but thats just a bump in the road and doesn't even seem required for my project).

Plus by then 1.4 will be out so I won't have to worry about upgrading it right away (Doubt there are to many changes to the user system anyway though).

Now this does not mean if your willing to make a bridge you shouldn't. Because you should as well I don't even know how much php I will actually learn Toungue.
This is really considered a good news and I know that once you try Drupal you won't switch back to any thing else.
I have some good ebooks for drupal, just tell me if you need them and I can upload them to any mirror and let you get the link.
Regarding the bridge, can you take a look for the non-finished work mentioned above or for the Drupal-phpBB3 project to have anyidea about what they are doing.
Finally I'd love to find any way to bridge Drupal-MyBB.
Thanks
I started playing with Drupal these days, it looks really cool with the endless free --free, contrary to those of Joomla-- modules they've got. I'm still a beginner though trying to figure a solution to a problem I have with the Upload module.

Aslo, I started learning PHP, in the limited free time that I have, a couple of weeks ago & am hoping to master the gist of it by summer so I'll hopefully contribute to bridge development. Good luck everyone.
Epifrin Wrote:I started playing with Drupal these days, it looks really cool with the endless free --free, contrary to those of Joomla-- modules they've got. I'm still a beginner though trying to figure a solution to a problem I have with the Upload module.

Aslo, I started learning PHP, in the limited free time that I have, a couple of weeks ago & am hoping to master the gist of it by summer so I'll hopefully contribute to bridge development. Good luck everyone.
Thanks to you mate ... I hope to see this bridge takes a place soon. Also I hope if you tell me how did you started the PHP marathon.
THanks
MGadAllah Wrote:
Epifrin Wrote:I started playing with Drupal these days, it looks really cool with the endless free --free, contrary to those of Joomla-- modules they've got. I'm still a beginner though trying to figure a solution to a problem I have with the Upload module.

Thanks to you mate ... I hope to see this bridge takes a place soon. Also I hope if you tell me how did you started the PHP marathon.
THanks

In my free time I look over at Tizag and follow some of their tutorials. Its actually easier to follow than a lot of books (for me anyway). I would also recommend Uniform Server for a testing environment, as its probably the configured out of the box for anything.

I don't need a whole book I just need something on taxonomy(Which I'm sure is in a book). I'll get them my self if you can recommend one.
NetSage Wrote:I don't need a whole book I just need something on taxonomy(Which I'm sure is in a book). I'll get them my self if you can recommend one.
Here is what I have
  • 6966346-Packt.Publishing.Drupal.Creating.Blogs.Forums.Portals.and.Community.Websites.Apr.2006.pdf.
  • Apress.Building.Online.Communities.with.Drupal.phpBB.and.WordPress.2006.pdf.
  • Apress.Pro.Drupal.Development.Apr.2007.pdf.
  • Developing For Drupal.pdf.
  • Drupal 5 Themes.pdf.
MGadAllah Wrote:

THanks

I've started by reading in my free time this "PHP For Dummies" e-book I downloaded; I'm already through the quarter of it. I've got a couple of tutorial & script-sample books as well that I'll get to afterwards. It's nothing exceptionnally difficult or something, well so far at least.

I've tried learning Perl before but didn't see many uses for it back then neither did I have enough time to carry it thru, but now that I'm seriously into web development, I will.
I just don't see how there is both an SMF and phpbb bridge for this software. With such a large community on the drupal side you would expect someone to pick this up.
in such cases you can find it after a short or a long while, no rules for such a thing in my opinion but I hope to find any one can do such a thing
Drupal bridge in progress: http://drupal.org/project/mybb
(2008-10-24, 06:06 AM)siberianlaika Wrote: [ -> ]Drupal bridge in progress: http://drupal.org/project/mybb

This is really a very good news.
I have another website and using drupal with mybb is really good combo
Pages: 1 2 3 4