MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selling Ad Space on High Traffic MyBB Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After having some issues with some ad networks, I've decided to try and see if anyone here is interested in advertising on my forum.

The forum: http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/

Endless Paradigm is one of the larger MyBB forums around (about 15th largest by posts I think) - but although it may seem small in comparison, it attracts significantly more traffic (according to Alexa) than much larger sites, like Pokemon GTS (5th largest by posts).
For what the site is about, it covers a number of issues, but I think a quick glance will be much better than any description I can give.

I'm not sure exactly on how I should do this, so terms and prices are negotiable, but at this point, I'm thinking of offering some small text link positions in the header template somewhere for around $30/month (about $0.01 CPM, see below).
Alternatively, if there's enough people interested, I may consider rotating banners or whatever you want, as long as the price is reasonable and I don't consider it annoying to end users.
I do understand that my price may be a little too high for most people here, so perhaps if there's a number of people willing to share a spot, I can do that too.

Traffic stats from webalizer (April 2010 - June 2010) - these are daily averages for each month:
Hits/day: 279,999 (Apr), 300,979 (May), 327,741 (Jun)
Pageviews/day: 82,091 (Apr), 81,601 (May), 95,710 (Jun)
Visits/day: 5,842 (Apr), 6,475 (May), 7,271 (Jun)

As you can see, there is an increasing trend, so your ads will get increasing exposure over time, despite a fixed monthly price. As it will appear in the header, the pageviews should give some indication of the number of times your ad will show up every day (okay, it won't show up on redirect pages, so a bit less).

Comments and criticisms are welcome, but for the amount of traffic and exposure your ad will get (+ the text links will work through AdBlock!, so that's like 90k*30=2.7m views per month for around $30 or $0.01 CPM), I think this is quite a generous offer.
I may even consider reducing the price if you turn out to be a valuable member of my forum.

Also, please do reply if you have any interest in this whatsoever, even if you can't afford it - I kinda want to have a general idea on how much interest there is here, and what peoples' reserve amounts are. (even if this doesn't go anywhere)

Thanks.
Nice site you've got there.
Just thought I'd let you know that the adverts are right down at the bottom of the page (way beyond the footer) in chrome ^_^.
(2010-07-22, 11:31 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice site you've got there.
Just thought I'd let you know that the adverts are right down at the bottom of the page (way beyond the footer) in chrome ^_^.
Thanks.
Ads sold here will be placed at the header, so the ads at the bottom won't interfere with what's displayed at the top.
I may be willing to split ad space with some other people, I cant afford 30 a month...at least not right now
I'll give you a better solution,

Ditch Smowtion, they suck.

Find a better CPM ad company, there's a few that serve ads at $1.00+ CPM. But they're quite difficult to get accepted into.

Add me on MSN, and i'll try and get you in.
Thanks for the replies.

(2010-07-22, 08:42 PM)Lithium Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give you a better solution,

Ditch Smowtion, they suck.

Find a better CPM ad company, there's a few that serve ads at $1.00+ CPM. But they're quite difficult to get accepted into.

Add me on MSN, and i'll try and get you in.
I was just testing random ad networks - I only added them yesterday.
But I'm open to suggestions, so if you have some, feel free to send them to me (I'll probably be difficult to reach on MSN, so is PM/email okay for you?)

Thanks.
Yup, I'll PM you.
Thanks Lithium, and various others who have PMed me.

Just wondering, anyone else sort of interested in this?
Well I probably would be but; 1) I don't currently have any sites to advertise and 2) I'm broke Toungue