MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't host myBB !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i have made an account on free hosting site www.byethosting.com and my site's URL is www.garenaworld.byethost17.com but when i uploaded files and went to URL for installation it gives me Cutom Error ! A google Page is displayed saying error 404 in URL ! I uploaded myBB files in a folder named public_html and init in forums but it also give same error and i also uploaded in directory of my site name i.e. directory named www.garenaworld.byethost17.com which was created on its own but same error ! Can any admin or some staff can do installation for me? Thanks ! I will give ftp details !
Find and delete index.html from your public_html to see if that fixes the problem.
public_html is a directory created by me and thees no such file named index.htm in it but its there is htdocs directory ! should i delete it? Thanks !
and yes what we have to do anything in SQL database? Its very complicated can any1 explain me? Thanks ! I would prefer tutorial if some 1 has hosted myBB on www.byethost.com ! Thanks !
See my PM.
That is your problem. I'm assuming that the htdocs directory is NOT inside public_html correct?

If that's the case then the files need to be uploaded to the htdocs directory because that is your hosts default root directory.

Reupload everything to htdocs and try installing again.
Problem Solved ! Smile POLAR BEAR helped me hosting infact he did everything for me am so much impressed by myBB and its quick support i will surely contribute when i will have money coz am of 15 now ! lol Toungue