MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with theme after...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I upgraded from 1.4.12 to 1.4.13 this morning. Everything transferred fine. I kept any extra files that I had such as plugins, etc. When I went to my forums, it took me directly into my profile page. Strange, so I went to TEMPLATES & THEMES --> FIND UPDATED TEMPLATES --> and REVERTED TO ORIGINAL for both the default template as well as my theme which is the Afresh Theme that Matt suggested to me several months ago since it had the least amount of problems.

Unfortunately, some of those plugins are not working now... such as Labrocca's tabbed menu, ficons, etc. Did I do something wrong, or is there a step that I'm missing? This has been a real pain in the butt to figure out. I thought that upgrading one little step wouldn't do this much harm to my forum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The simple and easy way to fix this would just be to deactivate and reactivate the plugins. If that's a problem (as you can lose some data depending on what the plugin does on deactivation) then you can probably just ask for support or look for the answer (of what it puts in the templates) on the authors website Smile
Not sure what you've managed to do here, seeing as 1.4.12 > 1.4.13 only changed 3 files and didn't require the upgrade script Undecided What process did you take exactly??
I know... it seemed like such a simple and easy task. I followed the rules on the "Install" notes.

(1) Downloaded all the files.

(2) Uploaded all the files via FTP (FileZilla) as I normally would. But, I didn't transfer them all directly because I was afraid it would do away with some of my added files from plugins, etc. So, I copied contents folder by folder. Then I rechecked the folders to make sure I got everything.

(3) I reset the CHMOD as indicated in the install guidelines.

(4) Then I followed the wizard through, and everything seemed to go well.

I then went to open my forum, and I was at my profile page. That was strange. So, I then went to TEMPLATES & STYLE --> FIND UPDATED TEMPLATES --> and REVERTED TO ORIGINAL for my default template as well as my theme template. That at least brought me back to the forum front. Yet, the front page is missing my tabs, ficons, and some other plugins. It also is BLANK in the last column called "Last Post."

If I only needed to change 3 files, why did it take me to the area where I needed to upgrade the whole thing? It sure would have been less time consuming and easier. Dodgy

(2010-07-22, 06:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you've managed to do here, seeing as 1.4.12 > 1.4.13 only changed 3 files and didn't require the upgrade script Undecided What process did you take exactly??
What wizard?? There was no upgrade script needed for this, you didn't need to run any wizard. It's best to read the notes in the release announcements on the blog for single releases, the upgrade guides are a general guide, but some upgrades need the upgrade script, some don't, some upgrades require templates to be reverted to default, some don't. We provide a changed files pack with the files that need changing, we've always done that.

This release was purely fixing errors in 1.4.12, it shouldn't have changed anything noticeable whatsoever.
Now I feel like a big dummy! Undecided I see the blog now, but I could have sworn I looked for that link yesterday and could not find it... so on my ACP, it had a link to upgrade. That is what I did which took me to the full upgrade. I was confused at the time thinking, "Why not just have those particular files to change?" Argh! So, I did do a full backup before I upgraded. Should I restore and then go back and add those files? Huh

(2010-07-22, 07:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What wizard?? There was no upgrade script needed for this, you didn't need to run any wizard. It's best to read the notes in the release announcements on the blog for single releases, the upgrade guides are a general guide, but some upgrades need the upgrade script, some don't, some upgrades require templates to be reverted to default, some don't. We provide a changed files pack with the files that need changing, we've always done that.

This release was purely fixing errors in 1.4.12, it shouldn't have changed anything noticeable whatsoever.