MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email address problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've just started a forum on my site and I've been testing it out with a small group of friends. Everything appears to be working fine except that I have not been receiving emails from the forum whilst other members have. My email address has the form [email protected], I have changed to my gmail address and this works. I guess the problem is due to the - character, does any one know if there is a workaround. Cheers, Alan
MyBB Version 1.4.13
PHP Version 5.2.9
Not really sure it's a problem with MyBB if it can't send to just one specific address, I've had emails send to emails with - in the domain before. I think you'd need to look at that email account specifically, doesn't look like it's anything we can do anything about.
(2010-07-22, 08:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure it's a problem with MyBB if it can't send to just one specific address, I've had emails send to emails with - in the domain before. I think you'd need to look at that email account specifically, doesn't look like it's anything we can do anything about.

Thanks for the quick response. Its not a problem now I have found that the gmail address works, it would just have been nice to use one of my regular addresses. Thanks, Alan