MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP.Board 3.1.0 to MYBB error.?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lightbulb Hi newbie here to MyBB looking for a bit of help or advice when converting from IP.Board 3.1.0 to MYBB..

when going through the procedure its only giving me the option of picking IP.Board 3.2 & not the latest v of 3.1.0.. anyhow ive given it a go & it goes right up until exporting members & then i get this error.

Quote:Users
1,000 users are importing right now. There are 6,467 users left to import and 6 pages left.

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'UK_Forums.ibf_member_extra' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT * FROM ibf_members m LEFT JOIN ibf_member_extra me ON (m.id=me.id) LEFT JOIN ibf_members_converge mc ON (m.id=mc.converge_id) LIMIT 0, 1000

im running MySQL Version V5 on both boards

is the error due to the converter not being compatible with IP.Board 3.1.0 or have i got another problem here.?

i would really like to switch over to MyBB board so hoping this can be sorted out...

many thanks for any advice given..
Regards Baron....

Huh
There isn't a converter for IPB 3 to MyBB, so unfortunately you'll have to wait. The development focus right now is on MyBB 1.6 and 2.0.
Angry

thanks for the quick reply but i dont have time to wait ive got to swap my board over to another one a.s.a.p

i guess its not as easy as just changing the conversion script from the old ibf_member_extra to what ever they use now in v3.1.0 ..???

if i can't get this sorted in the next few days i will have to use another forums board but like MyBB as it looks near on the same as IP.Board...

thanks again.
Baron Undecided
Yeah, that's a problem, I know. I don't know if any forum software have IPB 3 conversion at this point.
If you could downgrade your IPB back to version 2 then converting would be a snap Toungue

It seems neither SMF nor phpBB have IPB 3 converters yet either. I believe the only one that actually exists is one for vBulletin.

So really you have two options; wait it out until we write one or try to move everything over manually which would be possible but it would be quite time-consuming.
thanks guys.. i don't think its possible to revert back to v2 but will look into it..

is there any ideas on how long it will be before an upgrade will be available on the converter.?

thanks again for your help..
There's no way to revert to v2.
(2010-07-23, 08:58 PM)BaRoN30s Wrote: [ -> ]is there any ideas on how long it will be before an upgrade will be available on the converter.?

An official converter is gonna be a ways off. Merge System is on the back burner until MyBB 1.6 is finished.