MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security Problem Please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am opening a new family forum for jokes and such... It is located here:
http://www.24x7depot.com

Today I opened the forum up to check my captcha and such. Well I am flooded with junk ( sex sites ) in my common rules section and right now there are 4 guests which I know are bots trying to post in that section with a closed board.
I checked the permissions on that forum.. and no posting is permitted except by administration.

I also have the stopforumspam plug-in activated..but these posts came by non registrants.

Right this very moment..There are 4 guests on the site...two viewing the main index ( because I have closed the board.. 2 that say they are posting in Common Sense Guideline the forum that has just a couple rules.

What in the world should I do?????????Huh
Probably not really much you can do apart from banning the IPs. Are they all similar IPs or different??
weird Wink

try disable all plugins and see
Okay yes that is where I have been ... banning banning banning... The IP's are all in the same range and when checked are from the Russian Federation. I hate to ban a range though since there are many from there that are not spammers. I will also try your suggestion FBI and disable all my plugins and see. Thank you Shy
Wait... If guest permissions show that guests can't post, then they shouldn't be posting.

Something has gone wrong somewhere.
If a bot has been sent to a specific URL, that's what it'd show up as doing. They're just trying to post by visiting the new thread link, they won't actually be able to post.
So really, the OP has nothing to worry about. lol.

Unless, ofcourse, they manage to register.
What I think had happened was this...
I changed to a new server in April and did not put those nasty's that were already on the ban list in mybb admin-cp in the cpanel ipdeny. When I went to add to ban one of them that I searched and found on the web, they were already in the ban list and it stated that they had visited today. I went into my cpanel and added them there and now all is quiet on the Western front. LOL..
Thank you... Big Grin