MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New domain, should I install new mybb or copy other
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have one forum currently using mybb. I'd actually like to use the same theme on a new domain/new forum I'm starting. Should I do a completely new install or is there a way to just copy the files I have and install it on the new domain?
You can xport and import the database and copy the files over to the new account, but be sure to replace the domain name throughout the database file. You can do it using "Simple Search and Replace.

Then, change the settings in config.php and settings.php, and lastly reconfigure the settings again in the ACP
Or if that seems like too much work you could just start from scratch again.
(2010-07-24, 03:29 AM)death180 Wrote: [ -> ]Or if that seems like too much work you could just start from scratch again.

If that would seem too much work for him, he obviously hasn't got what It takes to run a successful community.

@OP - I'm not saying you haven't. Wink
dude same prob was with me yesterday follow my advice and its easy and minute job ! See goto ur hosting panel then add the domain name that u own and then upload the name servers the give to ur domain hosting panel and setup DNS and URL forwarding and then when u add ur domain to ur hosting CPANEL goto file manager and u will find ur domain name in default directory for eg, public_html goto it and click on ur domain site and upload all myBB files inside it and the goto www.yourdomain.com/install and you should see installation menu ! Smile