MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I install a new theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have successfully installed my forum along with incorporating it into the rest of my site design but adding a new theme is confusing. When I try to add a theme using the local file setting no files are uploaded. Can someone explain how to add a theme either through admin or by ftp?

Regards
Bluesplayer
The theme usually comes with a readme that explains it. Importing an XML file can't upload files. You have to upload the images first, the XML file is just the CSS and templates.
Well I have downloaded a few themes now and no readme file has been in them. Is there any online help I can refer too?
[Wiki: Templates_and_Themes] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

I've stated what to do above though, upload the images, they need to go into a new folder in ./images/, this is what the readme should say as you need to know what to call it, and then just import the XML. What themes have you looked at??
I think I can figure it out now. I just found the readme file for the theme 'Borders'. Got lost amongst other files. The other theme I downloaded was 'Aardvark' which doesn't seem to have a readme file, though I suppose all the theme installations are more or less the same.

Thanks