MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Favorite Software from individual Authors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all have our favorites from well known brands, but what about favorites from individual Authors whether paid or free?

I myself used a software from 3twists which was an Image Resizer and still has to be my favorite quick image resizing software.

Regards.
Hmm, i don't know if Piriform counts, but i love them.
phpDesigner by Michael Pham.

This guy wrote this entire IDE by himself. Major props to him.
(2010-07-24, 11:20 PM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]phpDesigner by Michael Pham.

Looks like a great piece of software. Going to give it a whirl actually.
(2010-07-25, 02:31 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-24, 11:20 PM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]phpDesigner by Michael Pham.

Looks like a great piece of software. Going to give it a whirl actually.

My favorite feature is the Projects feature.

It actually uses phpDoc to give you information about a specific object, function, method, or object member within a tooltip.

It also scans your files and logs all of your variables, objects, and functions, so it can show them in a popup when you start typing the function name, allowing you to simply double click the function/variable and it'll auto complete.

It's HTML/CSS support is amazing as well, doing basically the same stuff (automatically finds your CSS classes and ids, and provides them in a popup for autocompletion).

Highly recommend it. Well worth the money. Smile
Nice. I've been searching for a new IDE for a while now as Aptana seems to much for my needs, so it sounds like I might be a buyer of PHP Designer. Smile
Check out NetBeans. That IDE now has support for PHP I believe.
(2010-07-26, 03:48 AM)Sleepwalker Wrote: [ -> ]Check out NetBeans. That IDE now has support for PHP I believe.

NetBeans is, in my opinion, bloated software - you don't need all that.
Even Code::Blocks is bloated software (in my opinion once again) but I use it since it's easier to compile C/C++ applications rather than using the command line directly.
But for PHP Notepad++ is enough for me, but that's me Toungue
Nothing like Notepad++ Smile
(2010-07-26, 09:17 AM)ChrisR Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing like Notepad++ Smile

+1 Toungue
Notepad++ is awesome.
Pages: 1 2