MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck on database configuration ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am installing Mybb 1.4 latest verison. Whenever i tried to install the board at the database configuration and submit.. It will come back saying:

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

Right now, I am having two windows open (Cpanel database/mybb installation) screen. So, could this error be related to my hosting provider or could be mybb??

I have not tried re-download mybb and upload it throughly again.

Edit: The information i submit (database name, user, password) is all corrected on the screen, but would not proceed to the next step.
Very little we can do about this, we don't know what your database details are. If it can't connect with what you're giving it, something is wrong with them. Check with your host that you're using the correct information.
Make sure that you are using the correct host name. It might not be localhost.

Also, make sure that you haven't accidently put a space after the username or password.
Hostname should always be localhost or 127.0.0.1 unless your host has told you their hostname

Db Username and Db Name should be prefixed with your account name, eg yourforu_mydb and yourforu_myuser respectively.
What is your hosting provider?
(2010-07-30, 09:36 PM)Zack Magee Wrote: [ -> ]What is your hosting provider?

I am also having an issue installing the database so I did not want to open a new thread with the same type of question.

From what I am understanding I am actually supposed to leave the server hostname as localhost?

I use SupremeCenter53.com as my server. It says MySQL server supremecenter53.com

Below that it says Database Name/Username and then I find the database I made underneath that "name_name"

So having that info my setup should look like this?
Database Server Hostname: localhost
Database Username: name_name
Password:*******
Database Name: name_name
?

For some reason that is not working for me, it is telling me "
Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation."
You would get a better response if you just start your own new thread rather than reviving an old thread.

Anyway, if the installer is saying that the details are incorrect then they are incorrect. You might want to get in touch with your host to confirm the database details.