MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make it pop up when clicking on new thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I tried to search but could not find solution:

1. How to make pop up (_blank) when we click new thread?
2. How to make pop up (_blank) when we click on each thread?

Thanks in advance,
Sounds extremely annoying. Anyway, it's a template edit somewhere.
(2010-07-26, 05:03 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds extremely annoying. Anyway, it's a template edit somewhere.

I think something like lightbox would work well though. However I do agree that it would be annoying to have a new window open for every post.

Also why not just leave it up to the user?
(2010-07-26, 05:30 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I think something like lightbox would work well though

You could say goodbye to your search engine rankings if you ever did that.

OP: Most browsers have an option to open all links in new windows. You don't need to annoy everyone.
Alex and CAwesome,

I know that sound like strange but my users asking for it. Weird, Isn't it? To me, default is good enough but my users need extra pop up new windows on each thread...

Thanks
(2010-07-26, 06:17 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-26, 05:30 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I think something like lightbox would work well though

You could say goodbye to your search engine rankings if you ever did that.

OP: Most browsers have an option to open all links in new windows. You don't need to annoy everyone.
Agree totally with you
(2010-07-26, 02:25 PM)amerilao Wrote: [ -> ]Alex and CAwesome,

I know that sound like strange but my users asking for it. Weird, Isn't it? To me, default is good enough but my users need extra pop up new windows on each thread...

Thanks

tell them to lrn2middleclick
Please don't make offtopic posts !

@ OP: Go to Admin CP > Templates > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_thread > Edit and find the following

<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}"

and Change it to:

<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" target=_blank
Or, just get them to hold down CTRL when they click the link.
I don't see the point, i would be extremely annoyed if you did that to a forum i was on. I would consider leaving the forum if you were to do that, and didn't remove it when i reported that i didn't like it.

Just my opinion, and i think a lot of people would agree with me.
Pages: 1 2