MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I? Remove post subject from post body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I remove the thread subject from the threads body. It's showing up at the top of the thread but it is also listed in each post right below the username. Any idea on how to change this so it doesn't show up..
You can see it in my forum if it doesn't make sense
thanks in advance
J.
http://www.godlikescience.com
(2010-07-26, 06:40 AM)jglover4168 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I remove the thread subject from the threads body. It's showing up at the top of the thread but it is also listed in each post right below the username. Any idea on how to change this so it doesn't show up..
You can see it in my forum if it doesn't make sense
thanks in advance
J.
http://www.godlikescience.com

You can actually see it in this post as well...
In your postbit template find and remove:
<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
I always wondered myself about this, also by getting rid of this will it affect anythig else or not???

Like the icon ?

Thanks To Polarbear541 and jglover4168 for starting this thread!
It will remove the icon from the top of the post, but you can still see them on the forumdisplay.
If you want to keep the icon just don't remove: {$post['icon']} :p
Amazing thank you so much
I have to thank the authour and the support but 1 other question

the icon I know what it is --> {$post['icon']}
the subject beside the icon I know what it is --> {$post['subject']}
this I dont have a clue to what it is? --> {$post['subject_extra']} ???

Thanks!
hmm after following instructions and deleting everythign from <span, it hasnt gone away in the thread? Could there be a reason to why? I did this inside posbit_template>postbit

Im using mybb in classic mode, can this be reason to why its not working? I did this deletion for my own theme just so you know.