MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chromium OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
/Moved.

(2010-07-23, 03:14 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-23, 03:13 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-23, 03:08 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Install tabinta for Firefox

Is there an alternative for Chrome at all? Toungue

I have no idea, I don't use Chrome and don't plan to use it anytime soon. Only if Google doesn't allow me to use Firefox from Chromium OS Toungue

Why would they Chromium OS is entirely Chrome is it not. Just with a few apps on it as well.
(2010-07-23, 04:55 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]/Moved.

(2010-07-23, 03:14 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-23, 03:13 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-23, 03:08 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Install tabinta for Firefox

Is there an alternative for Chrome at all? Toungue

I have no idea, I don't use Chrome and don't plan to use it anytime soon. Only if Google doesn't allow me to use Firefox from Chromium OS Toungue

Why would they Chromium OS is entirely Chrome is it not. Just with a few apps on it as well.

I don't get anything of what you've just said Big Grin
Lol I'm pretty sure Chromium OS is just a browser (Chromium) with a few little apps such as Mail etc. on it. I may be wrong though Toungue
(2010-07-23, 07:51 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol I'm pretty sure Chromium OS is just a browser (Chromium) with a few little apps such as Mail etc. on it. I may be wrong though Toungue

You have no idea :p

It's a fully blown operating system, not a browser with some apps added to it...

Is there anyone who actually has a working copy of chromium os? :p
(2010-07-23, 09:47 PM)magicstuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-23, 07:51 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol I'm pretty sure Chromium OS is just a browser (Chromium) with a few little apps such as Mail etc. on it. I may be wrong though Toungue

You have no idea :p

It's a fully blown operating system, not a browser with some apps added to it...

Is there anyone who actually has a working copy of chromium os? :p

http://yucelkilic.com/wp-content/uploads...-page1.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...p-Menu.png

Actually it's an OS based around a browser with tabs just like chrome. And as I said with little apps such as mail, facebook etc. It is very simple.
It's probably linux with a modified version of chrome browser running on the surface.

And btw, your first link doesn't work - apparently the serverload is a bit high Sad

:p
@polerbear just because it doesn't look like a regular OS, it doesn't mean it's not an OS
Okay, to clear things up, Chrome OS (aka Chromium OS) is a cloud-based operating system targeted at netbooks that is a modified version of Chrome and Linux. It is not a full-blown OS nor just a browser.
(2010-07-23, 10:54 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]@polerbear just because it doesn't look like a regular OS, it doesn't mean it's not an OS

When did I say it wasn't? Toungue

(2010-07-24, 01:11 AM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, to clear things up, Chrome OS (aka Chromium OS) is a cloud-based operating system targeted at netbooks that is a modified version of Chrome and Linux. It is not a full-blown OS nor just a browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QRO3gKj3qw

Direct quote: "What if your browser was your operating system?" You are right about the cloud part though, it says in the video; only the browser and some of the other user stuff would be on your computer and everything else (mail, videos etc.) is accessible via the browser through the web.
So the idea that it's made for netbooks isn't such a hood one unless the netbook has a 3G card or wireless...
Pages: 1 2 3 4