MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Could you live with this XP desktop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do they really think XP is pretty? I can understand that they are used to using it and that they may be ignorant to the benefits of modern OSs but do they honestly like how it looks? lol
(2010-07-26, 11:30 PM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Do they really think XP is pretty? I can understand that they are used to using it and that they may be ignorant to the benefits of modern OSs but do they honestly like how it looks? lol

I had one client throw their seven laptop at a wall because they hated it. I kinda wish he didn't... Could've just put XP on it... People don't like change. I remember someone selling off their vista keys because they hated the look so much.
I sold off my Vista key when I reformatted to a dualboot XP/Linux 3 days after purchasing my current laptop.
Ew. Confused
My problem with linux isn't the GUI it's the software support for it.
LoL, as soon as I saw that pic I was like "WTF? That's not XP", then I read the post and was like Big Grin.
(2010-07-27, 02:17 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]My problem with linux isn't the GUI it's the software support for it.

Most regular users don't care as long as it works for them. Toungue
I still prefer CLI. GUIs are overrated. Toungue
(2010-07-27, 02:54 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I still prefer CLI. GUIs are overrated. Toungue

Agreed. After wrestling with installing XFCE (Which i've still yet to succed in doing...) On gentoo, i've found that CLI is quite easy, as long as you don't make mistakes...
Why would you want that theme?

If you used that OS, then opened Terminal then maximized it and removed all the other GUI aspects except for the Terminal window, it would be the perfect OS.....oh wait, that's called Mandriva CLSE.
Pages: 1 2