MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forums won't load on my Mac.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two forums. One of the domains is an add on to the other domain. They worked today (after some fixing) at work on my work computer but niether forum will even load on either of my Macs at home. I have cleared cookies and cache and even reset Safari but still no luck. Any ideas what could be wrong? I have spent hours doing different things to get these forums working all thru the weekend. I just realized that I did Not do any of the CHMOD changes on the Wiki install. Could this be the problem? I can't even access my cpanel right now.

Here are the url's: landownerforum.com
texasgundogclub.com
I even power cycled my wireless router and the forum loaded once but when i tried to login to admin it won't load and then the webpage won't load again. what the heck!!!!!!!!!
You mean it doesn't work on Safari. Try the following:

* Access the forums with Firefox on your Mac
* Access the forums with Safari on Windows
(2010-07-27, 05:15 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You mean it doesn't work on Safari. Try the following:

* Access the forums with Firefox on your Mac
* Access the forums with Safari on Windows

I just loaded safari onto my work pc and the forums loaded perfectly. And actually alot faster than I've been experiencing with IE. I will try using Firefox on the mac at home. I have a feeling it might be an IP address thing though. I read somewhere that sometimes the IP in the router doesn't match up with the IP in the modem and that can cause certain sites to not load. Ever heard of that?

Do I need to go back and do the CHMOD stuff even though my forum is up and running already?
The CHMODs you set during installation need to stay set like that, they're not just needed for installation.
(2010-07-27, 04:52 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The CHMODs you set during installation need to stay set like that, they're not just needed for installation.

I didn't go in and set any CHMODS during installation. Blush I realize that I should have. should I go in and do it now?
You can't not have, it doesn't let you install if they're not set right. If you didn't do them it would have done them automatically so if you haven't gone and changed them again, they'll still be at the correct settings.
Oh, okay.
I guess I need to contact my host and my ISP about the issues at home. Been getting on the forums just fine here at work.
I have contacted my host several times and my Uverse ISP several times. I have installed firefox on my mac and still cannot access my forums. What's weird though is that firefox let me access the index page only, one time. Then after that, it won't even load. No one can solve this problem for me. Before I added texasgundogclub.com as an add on domain to landownerforum.com, I was able to access landownerforum just fine from my mac at home. Something is severely wrong and I have exhausted all avenues that I can think of. NOBODY knows what to do. I cannot access my forums from home to even work on them. This is a huge problem. PLEASE if anybody knows anything please help!