MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can i convert my vb4.0.5 to mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can i convert my vbulletin 4.0.5 to mybb?
Please tell me, if yes then how
Yes, reports are the vB3 merge module works for vb4.

Otherwise you can convert vb to phpbb or SMF to mybb 1.4
(2010-07-27, 01:51 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, reports are the vB3 merge module works for vb4.

Otherwise you can convert vb to phpbb or SMF to mybb 1.4

Thanks, but can u please tell me where to download merg system and how to mergs it?
mean i have vb4.0.5 files in my root directory?

I can not convert it to mybb 1.6?
As I am writing this post from my mobile hence cannot give you the link of the Merge download. Go to google and search MyBB Merge System. And the first page is the download page.

After that, upload MyBB 1.4 to the root of your server and run the installer. Also upload the merge folder in the mybb installation folder.

Then the steps are simple and you can read about them from ''Running the Merge Documentation''.

I hope I have helped you. And you understand what all you have to do.

Regards
Praveer
Also backup your MyBB database between install and running the Merge system. That way if you have errors you can start again without reinstalling MyBB.

I don't know why everyone forgets that step.
When he is migrating from one forum to another then it is understood that he might have backed up his database.

Anyways please do backup your database in case you have not done so.

And I did not forget to write the backup thing. I assumed that he might have done it already.

Regards
Praveer
Kaspersky is showing your site contains Malware Huh

Praveer
(2010-07-27, 02:01 PM)raushani.com Wrote: [ -> ]I can not convert it to mybb 1.6?
In this time there are not direct way do this. You must convert your forum to MyBB 1.4 and then upgrade it to MyBB 1.6.
(2010-07-27, 03:37 PM)mrl586 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-27, 02:01 PM)raushani.com Wrote: [ -> ]I can not convert it to mybb 1.6?
In this time there are not direct way do this. You must convert your forum to MyBB 1.4 and then upgrade it to MyBB 1.6.

No, he shouldn't be using 1.6 on a live site Angry.
Forget using 1.6 until it's actually released.
(2010-07-27, 02:31 PM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]When he is migrating from one forum to another then it is understood that he might have backed up his database.

His site moving to MyBB yes. But in my experience NO ONE backs up the starting MyBB db between a fresh install and running merger to bring data across. I've seen too many threads in this forum to believe people do that unless told. I don't know if its part of the merge system instructions doc, but if it isn't it should be.
Pages: 1 2