MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown user registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bit of a strange one here. Pretty much every night (about 3:00AM), two or three users go through the process of registering. Now out of these, lets say three users, two will remain logged into their account(s) for about 2 seconds whereas the third returns a "0 seconds online". Some of these "users" will update there signatures with very basic advertising.
Now, I have been merrily banning users, deleting the user objects, have disabled HTML and MyCode in signatures but every night, two or three sign up again. Have setup registration so that they need to specify image verification and am darned if I can see how a robot could be signing up. Are two or three people reregistering EVERY night and if so, can I do anything else to prevent/deter? I set the administrative authorisation before possible posting to active but this does not effect signature editing pre-authorisation so am lost as to how to prevent this..

Any ideas?
Ban the IP if they're the same.
Likely you have spammers trying to register.
Do what the support tech's said so above. Smile
Nope doesn't seem to resolve anything. Downloaded and applied stopforumspam.com plugin and the IP(s) are all different. I could go in and block each IP but don't see a point as the next time whoever/whatever it is tries to "sign up", they will probably have a new IP anyways.
Maybe there's a way to completely authorise ANY signing up procedures before they can login and modify their profiles? At the moment, enabling "Administrator authorisation" simply results in the users inability to actually post something - they can still "login" and modify/advertise their signatures.

Again - any ideas?
In the Awaiting Activation group settings just untick can View UserCP.
Wicked - nice one and thank you. Job done Smile