MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to convince someone to use MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to convince someone to switch back to MyBB. He claims that it PHPBB is more secure and prefers a blank page rather than an error.

So how would you get him to switch back.
(I work at the forum too)
(2010-07-28, 04:34 PM)kyleowen Wrote: [ -> ]prefers a blank page rather than an error.

I bet that's fun to debug Rolleyes You can make MyBB fail silently if you really want to though.

Plugin installation is far easier in MyBB, you don't need to make loads of file edits and manually run SQL queries(!). Lots of people say it's more user friendly, it has more javascript, it's easier to make themes for, and a few people have converted from MyBB to phpBB and then come back to MyBB within a week or two. At the end of the day though if they don't like it, they don't like it; why did they switch from MyBB in the first place??
If he needs convincing that MyBB is the best free forum software, then I don't think he knows much about Forums.
In this way:
http://meguru.moo.jp/past/gazou/reservoir_dogs.jpg

Big Grin Anyway u can't force someone to use Mybb. If he wants to use Phpbb then let him use it lol
Tell him to open the forum, and merge a second one into it. (MyBB) And let the users decide.
His loss.
(2010-07-28, 04:34 PM)kyleowen Wrote: [ -> ]PHPBB is more secure

LOL
Each to their own. Smile

Best of luck to your friend, sincerely.