MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme with no link back requirement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm looking for a theme that doesn't require any link back. Please tell me if you know one (It should be a professional theme).

Please reply soon.
Are you willing to pay?
No. I'll not pay, any free one with no link back ?
So you expect someone to spend their time on a professional theme to then release it without no credits and no money because you for some reason hate it being there.
I can back link to your websites for as long as your site is not a forum, but 99% back links are of forums. The reason for this is to avoid linking to competitive.
Tbh it seems a bit ridiculous that you would back link to a site but not a forum, most will back link to design sites or personal portfolios so why would you be in competition with them? I don't know about everyone but I'm active on most the sites I'm on as well so I don't see the big issue with including back-links.
Any theme that is under the lgpl2 ,mit,or wtf license you can remove the copyright.(There are a few more you are allowed to do this on,but they do not come to mind).

However there are not many using those licenses. All my themes use the mit license though.

With all that said though removing a link back is pretty sad..
Hello,

So I can remove footer links of themes with these license "lgpl2 ,mit,or wtf" ?

And I would love to link back but there are some reasons as to why I'm not wanting to link back.
Yes you can,but what might be the reason you wanna remove a link back. One link back isn't going to hurt you in any way.