MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i5 750
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hai guise.

My dad has a new-ish computer (not brand new but just got it a couple weeks ago), so I've been playing around with it, overclocking, etc.

Right now it's running XP Pro w/ 4GB RAM and the processor, overclocked from 2.66GHz or something to 3.6GHz.

Any suggestions, speed-wise? The OS isn't going the change I don't think, RAM might go up eventually but right now I'd like to know if where I'm at right now is a good spot to sit (temps seem okay, stable, etc.) as far as the processor goes. Also the RAM is running at a bit higher frequency.
Also note, this computer is going to be used as a local fileserver, and some 3d modelling.
If its gonna be a fileserver, SLAMPP might be a better OS for it. You can do some 3d modeling, but if you have real pro software, nothing available for SLAMPP will match it.
It needs to run GibbsCam and Pro Engineer. I should explain in more detail;

- It hosts various files (drawings, programs for machines, etc.)
- It most likely will host at least one license for all other computers
- Needs to be Windows

What I'm really wondering is whether or not I'm safe to leave the processor at the current speed without it blowing up or wearing out quickly.