MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hosting Website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll be starting up a webhost soon and I'm wondering what kind of things you would like to see.

What size packages?
Pricing?
Features?
Unlimited Addon, emails, MySQL?
What kind of support? (Live Chat, Ticket, Email, etc)

For the most part I just want your opinion on what packages would be the most beneficial to YOU.

My Ideas are:

Basic
1GB Disk Space
10GB Bandwidth
10 Addon Domains, Emails, MySQL

Standard
15GB
60GB Bandwidth
Unlimited Addon Domains, Emails, MySQL

Expert
25GB
100GB Bandwidth
Unlimited Addon Domains, Emails, MySQL
I think I'd like to see myself as staff Big Grin
Hmmm well PM me with an Application.
good luck with it. i quit hosting a couple years ago as the competition got too much for the effort i was putting in and the prices I could charge. not worth the effort.

those packages are pretty standard i think and should cover most folks.

however, 10 MySQL databases for the basic account is too many. 2 should be sufficient with the HDD/BW allowances you have for it.
Ok. Thanks for the Feedback.
Basic
1 GB Disk Space
15 GB Bandwidth
20 Addon Domains, Emails, MySQL
Packages are not important. Infrastructure, SLAs, and extra features are all that matter to knowledgable clients. Fancy hosting packages will only attract ignorant clients but they aren't worth hosting as you will either lose money or your quality will decrease because of it.
I agree KuJoe.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time on the pages and structure to make sure it is something I would consider worth buying.

I think I have my packages sorted out too btw.
My opinion, don't offer anything you can't give 10 of. For example. If you only have a 100gb drive, your last package would only allow 4 users.
(2010-07-30, 08:46 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Packages are not important. Infrastructure, SLAs, and extra features are all that matter to knowledgable clients. Fancy hosting packages will only attract ignorant clients but they aren't worth hosting as you will either lose money or your quality will decrease because of it.

but at the small package and related pricing i do not expect many savvy users/clients. knowledgable clients will likely be looking for higher end services and will be looking for more hdd, bw and 24/7 support.

if only care about price then knowledgable clients have low expectgations and likely use it for expendible or dev sites.
Pages: 1 2