MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank Page on Fresh Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Please revert all of your templates from the ACP to MyBB factory defaults.

Thanks!
Ryan
mine is fresh install and template is default. no luck...!
Can you reupload all your files, ensure that none of them are corrupt, and then install again?
Is there no way we can check the integrity of this XML file when installing?? A few too many people have this sort of problem. Not our fault of course, something happens when it's uploading but it's always this file it seems.
(2010-08-03, 07:10 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Can you reupload all your files, ensure that none of them are corrupt, and then install again?

I did... and still no luck..
(2010-08-03, 10:44 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no way we can check the integrity of this XML file when installing?? A few too many people have this sort of problem. Not our fault of course, something happens when it's uploading but it's always this file it seems.

do you think these xml is the problem? But why installing is smooth? Even admin control panel is working.. only home page is blank.
Yes, because the templates aren't sued in the ACP. The problem is templates being imported. Edit the file live via your FTP client, what's the last line??
(2010-08-03, 10:56 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]... what's the last line??

please more specific...
After you've uploaded the files, edit ./install/resources/mybb_theme.xml via your FTP client, what's the last line in it...??
(2010-08-03, 11:51 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]After you've uploaded the files, edit ./install/resources/mybb_theme.xml via your FTP client, what's the last line in it...??

here:
</theme>
I assume that this script does not compabitble with my server.. so I will take a look other script. OH no I already fall in love with this script but must say goodbye.. any help for desperate people like me would be really appreciated...!
(2010-08-03, 10:44 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no way we can check the integrity of this XML file when installing?? A few too many people have this sort of problem. Not our fault of course, something happens when it's uploading but it's always this file it seems.

There's definitely nothing wrong from my end. The XML is fine. It wouldn't corrupt if it was a XML file. It's just text. A XML file is a CSS file is a PHP file is a text file... They're all the same just characters and numbers.

I think the only way this is going to be solved is for you or someone else on support to do the upload and then run through the process and see if it still happens. That way we can eliminate the uncontrolled variables.
Pages: 1 2