MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Starting to Feel Like I am Way Over My Head Here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I joined MyBBWebhost yesterday and I have so far figured out how to load MyBB but from here everything seems really complicated.

I wanted to change the theme and add several banners and possible adsense but I don't really understand the process.

For someone like me (newbie) who doesn't know css from a php file or whatever, where do I begin?

I have been reading post and I see to add a theme its in 3 parts or something.

I didn't even know what an cpannel was until 24hrs ago...lol

Is there any kind of step by step for dummies like me?

Thanks
I'll do my best to help you out here.

1. Find a theme. You can find a bunch of free themes at http://mods.mybboard.net

2. Download that theme. It will be in .zip format. Extract it. (Usually You can just right click and click extract or decompress)

3. Find the images folder. Usually will be in the root folder or will be in an upload folder. You'll need to upload this to your account using an FTP Client. I am staff on MyBBWebHost so feel free to open a ticket and I can help you out further.

4. Open up your ACP and go to Themes + Templates. Click Import theme. Open up the file in the theme you downloaded. It will be something like theme.xml.

5. Click Install or Upload or whatever is there.

If you want to change the logo, simply create the logo and save it as the same filename in the images folder. (Generally logo.png)
Then upload that.
(2010-07-28, 07:49 PM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]I'll do my best to help you out here.

1. Find a theme. You can find a bunch of free themes at http://mods.mybboard.net

2. Download that theme. It will be in .zip format. Extract it. (Usually You can just right click and click extract or decompress)

3. Find the images folder. Usually will be in the root folder or will be in an upload folder. You'll need to upload this to your account using an FTP Client. I am staff on MyBBWebHost so feel free to open a ticket and I can help you out further.

4. Open up your ACP and go to Themes + Templates. Click Import theme. Open up the file in the theme you downloaded. It will be something like theme.xml.

5. Click Install or Upload or whatever is there.

If you want to change the logo, simply create the logo and save it as the same filename in the images folder. (Generally logo.png)
Then upload that.

Thank you for your help Lyndon.

Now for a really stupid question, and this will prove how dumb I am...lol

Where is my ACP?

Is that my cpanel or is that MyBB program?

Thanks again Smile
The ACP is on your MyBB Install.

http://www.yourdomain.com/admin
(2010-07-28, 07:49 PM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]I'll do my best to help you out here.

I don't see any of those folders, are they in the ACP or the cpanel?

And what is an FTP client and where do I get one?

I told you I was dumb Smile
http://filezilla-project.org

Download that Program. Open it up and enter your FTP details. (Will be in the account area on MyBBWebHost)

Click Connect and Upload.
You may want to contact your host about FTP. They will explain it to you. If you want PM me your MSN and I will give you one on one help.
Hey,

Part of being with MyBBWebHost is that we'll gladly help you out and even do this stuff for you until you slowly get the hang of it yourself.

If you want you can add me on MSN and I'll help you out (unless you prefer ticket help) - [email protected]
When I first started, I tried to upload my files in the database creation section in cPanel, and then spent hours uploading the files one by one as I didn't realise you could upload everything at once.

You'll pick it up Smile Once you figure out what's what and what each thing does you'll be OK. The good thing about having a host dedicated to MyBB hosting is that they'll be able to help you better than other hosts with setting the forum up.
LMAO! Nice. I've done worse though.
Pages: 1 2