MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving MyBB to new location on host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i currently have mybb installed on a hosting platform, in a subdirectory as follows: /clannbs/mybb and everything works fine. i have the domain pointing at /clannbs/mybb directly.

i want to move it to: /nbsclan.net/mybb but when i do, it doesnt seem to work correctly. the web pages seem to load, but not right, and the admin panel isnt available.

i did change my domain pointer to this new directory, and i also moved 5 other directories with various functions (sourcebans, ads, a few others) and they all work correctly.

my first trial was to move it intact via ftp; ie no copying of files.
my second trial was to copy the entire directory to the local hd, then copy it back to the new location.

neither worked (again, even though in each case i changed the hosting file to point at the proper directory, and back again.)

thought it might be a browser cache issue, so i cleared that; still no change.

the failure of the admin page to even come up is the biggest concern that something isnt right here.

i dont see much i am doing different, except for the .net at the end of the name, but the other 5 functions dont seem to mind it, and i believe with the domain pointer set as it is mybb doesnt even know where it is located; it thinks /mybb is the root directory.

note; this isnt a propogation issue for the domain dns, since that hasnt changed; only the internal pointer has changed, and that change happens instantly

any ideas?

thanks,

mark

[edit] is there anything whatsoever that is stored in the mybb directory and changed based on visits/posts etc? (other than admin options and attachments which i think are stored in the directory). i believe everything else is stored in the database, but want to verify.