MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpmyadmin and non english characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anybody knows what to change in phpmyadmin so i be able to see non english characters like greek etc. ? i cant backup my db from there untill this is solved. i bet other people with different languages have the same problem. how did u solve it ?
You will need to ask your host to upload a greek character set. Depending on how your host has configured phpmyadmin, the main page should contain a link to character sets. This will tell you which ones have been installed. You need to look for the character set you require. You will probably need to tell your host to include your character set.

Or if you character set is included, your database columns might need updating. I wouldn't know how to update all your columns, but you can update them by hand by going to your database and viewing a table. Then go to "Operations" on the tabs at the top, and scroll down to "Collation". Change that to Greek. You can then edit each column and turn it into greek.