MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess a plug in is used for this. May be, I'm not sure. I wanna know how to do this:

[Image: 41666451.png]

How to get these highlighted announcements?
I uploaded the files myannouncements.php and config.php in cpanel>file manager>webroot>inc>plugins. After the upload, I went to ACP>plugins, there I see this:

Warning [2] include(/home/crystal/public_html/expressinvestforum.com//inc/plugins/myannouncements/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 15 - File: inc/plugins/myannouncements.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/myannouncements.php 15 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/myannouncements.php 15 include
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 292 require_once
/admin/index.php 381 require
Warning [2] include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/crystal/public_html/expressinvestforum.com//inc/plugins/myannouncements/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') - Line: 15 - File: inc/plugins/myannouncements.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 292 require_once

Then below along with other plugins I see "MyAnnoucements LITE" and there is an option to activate. I click on activate and I see this:

Warning [2] include(/home/crystal/public_html/expressinvestforum.com//inc/plugins/myannouncements/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 15 - File: inc/plugins/myannouncements.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 183 require_once
Warning [2] include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/crystal/public_html/expressinvestforum.com//inc/plugins/myannouncements/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') - Line: 15 - File: inc/plugins/myannouncements.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 183 require_once

Fatal error: Call to undefined function myannouncements_version() in /home/crystal/public_html/expressinvestforum.com/inc/plugins/myannouncements.php on line 30

What went wrong?
Please guide me step by step, I'm very new to Mybb software.

Colors used to differentiate from what I wrote and what I copy/pasted.
This plugin is better in my opinion: http://mods.mybb.com/view/board-messages
Try the full version on his site. It works great.
Does somebody know what is wrong? I've posted the error above.

(2010-07-30, 02:06 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin is better in my opinion: http://mods.mybb.com/view/board-messages

Can colors be added to these bars? I want it to be highlighted.
I will suggest you to add manually yourself. There is already a tutorial for such kind of things. try searching in Tutorial forum.
(2010-07-31, 03:46 PM)EIF Wrote: [ -> ]Does somebody know what is wrong? I've posted the error above.

(2010-07-30, 02:06 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin is better in my opinion: http://mods.mybb.com/view/board-messages

Can colors be added to these bars? I want it to be highlighted.

If you need a plugin go to Dev-network and download the premium version. Its free, just register and download.