MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: url problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well i changed my domain but when i put in gfxcafe.fi.st it goes to my old url and says this message:
404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:

shadowspace.fi.st/forums/ (port 80)
Please forward this error screen to shadowspace.fi.st's WebMaster.

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at shadowspace.fi.st Port 80

But if i add /forums it works how do i make it work without the /forums as well?
I also just noticed in google the url is still shadowspace so now who ever gets the site via google wont get to it since it wont let them on! >.<
Hi Blake .. well is your forum a on a free server? Do you have access to Cpanel and/or FTP?
It is free and i do access to both. um spiders and bots usually crawl my site often now.... nothing.
Have you changed your url in settings.php and your .htaccess. file? If not, that's your problem.
in settings yes not the htaccess, what do i need to do there?
Well, if you are using any of the SEO plugins, you'll need to change the DirectoryIndex to the new URL.

When you changed your domain were you also given a new usermname? If so, you probably need to modify the database connect settings in config.php as well.

And finaally, you should include a 301 redirect to the new URL in your .htaccess file as well, letting search engines know the site was moved permanently and to redirect to the new site.
(2010-07-29, 12:07 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you are using any of the SEO plugins, you'll need to change the DirectoryIndex to the new URL.

When you changed your domain were you also given a new usermname? If so, you probably need to modify the database connect settings in config.php as well.

And finaally, you should include a 301 redirect to the new URL in your .htaccess file as well, letting search engines know the site was moved permanently and to redirect to the new site.
No plugins and was not given a new username.
Post a copy of your .htaccess file, so we can take a look.
Ok but i have to run a virus scan before opening my ftp.
Ok i downloaded the file but it was empty?
You've just got to put a rewrite rule in to make gfxcafe.fi.st redirect to shadowspace.fi.st/forums/
Pages: 1 2 3