MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi after changing .htaccess from htaccess.txt i m getting following error.
it is happening when i m trying to write thread.
url rewrite feature is working on my other site on same server. i don't know why it is not working on this
pl help

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I guess you have it figured out since I went to your address and everything seems to be just fine.
Post what you put into the .htaccess so we can see what's causing it.
i didn't change anything in file.. i just renamed it only as per instructions
It seems to be working fine when I'm testing on your site.
Unless you removed the htaccess file or renamed it back.

You need to post exactly what you're doing, what you installed and what you're trying to do.

Who's instructions are you using?
i follow these instrucitons: its in admin area.
Enable search engine friendly URLs?
Search engine friendly URLs change the MyBB links to shorter URLs which search engines prefer and are easier to type. showthread.php?tid=1 becomes thread-1.html. Once this setting is enabled you need to make sure you have the MyBB .htaccess in your MyBB root directory (or the equivilent for your web server). Automatic detection may not work on all servers. Please see The MyBB wiki for assistance.
when i m trying to post thread internal sever error occured
Please see The MyBB wiki for assistance.
I am guessing you have it fixed now?
no it is still same error..

i made a test user account just use it and try to post something and let me know you are also getting same error

user test

password test1234
I just wrote a thread fine in the announcements forum. Try clearing your cache, cookies, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3