MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix Default Language back to US English
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I was adding language packs and I didn't realize that I could accidently alter the default language so now I'm having issues changing it back to english so how would I go about it since I'm getting sick of seeing this type of error screen for when I'm trying to work with new plugins and it erroring.

[Image: problem.png]
ACP - Configuration _ General Configuration - Derfault Language.

That SQL error seems to be telling you that you do not have permission to create the table. You need to grant ALL PERMISSIONS to the username created for the myBB database in phpMyAdmin to eliminate those type of errors.
(2010-07-29, 01:59 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]ACP - Configuration _ General Configuration - Derfault Language.

That SQL error seems to be telling you that you do not have permission to create the table. You need to grant ALL PERMISSIONS to the username created for the myBB database in phpMyAdmin to eliminate those type of errors.

It's set as that but in the Admincp it still gives the error in Chinese instead of English it's for any error in the admincp
Hmmm, try checking the language setting in General Configuration.
(2010-07-29, 04:21 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, try checking the language setting in General Configuration.

Did that. Didn't work.
That error is nothing to do with languages and nothing to do with core MyBB at all, that's a plugin, the table it's trying to add isn't a default MyBB table. If your database user doesn't have rights to create tables I don't know how you were able to install, but you'll ned to fix this somewhere in your host control panel.
(2010-07-29, 05:23 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That error is nothing to do with languages and nothing to do with core MyBB at all, that's a plugin, the table it's trying to add isn't a default MyBB table. If your database user doesn't have rights to create tables I don't know how you were able to install, but you'll ned to fix this somewhere in your host control panel.

It's not the plugin that I'm tryin' to fix, I am merely tryin' to get rid of the chineese letterings and convert it back to english I can install any plugin but a few them error from different author and them being in english plugins just registering in Chineese for the language.
Just upload the default language files again and select it in your options...
(2010-07-29, 08:58 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Just upload the default language files again and select it in your options...

I tried it... I reuploaded them like 30 times to have no luck. :/
Are you sure you're uploading all the files?? You need ./inc/languages/english.php, ./inc/languages/english/*all files* and ./inc/languages/english/admin/*all files*