MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: guests voting in polls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be possible to allow unregistered users to vote more than once? I had another poll php script before that allowed unregistered users to vote as long as they came from different IP addresses. I realize that IP addresses don't necessarily mean single users, but this is a feature that I think is worth having since in my case it would encourage new guests to sign up and post after they have already voted in a poll. I guess there's a certain psychology involved where the user feels commited to post in a forum once they've submitted their opinion, but they wouldn't register just to vote a lot of times.
Please take a look at this thread.
is this fixed in version 1.1?
Michael, I don't think your thread has anything to do with the suggestion.

asherthesun, I'm still not sure what you mean. Why would you want guests to be able to vote more than once in the same poll?

xiao, the bug Michael referred to has been fixed in the 1.1 release.
I think asherthesun means that guests should be able to vote so long as they come from different IP addresses (assuming each IP address is a different guest)
Yes, I would like for different guests to be able to vote without logging in. The way MyBB works now, all guests are treated as one user. My suggestion was to have an option which assumes that each IP address is a separate guest.