MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Wow, its been a long time since i used this account ^^.

Anyway, i am a webmaster on a phpbb forum that has 300-500 users on simutainously most of the time with peaks of 700-1100.

We are moving over to mybb (mybb fan for 4-5 years now), and we have transferred over all the users but it won't let them login with their old password, they have to use password rest... Is this normal? I thought it was have the phpbb salter and then match the password to the phpbb algorithm and then convert it to the mybb one.

Btw the plugin is enabled.

Thanks,

Nathan
It's not normal, the passwords should work. I don't know why it hasn't though.
Hmm, very strange. So it is meant to work like that, i thought so. Now we need to find the cause of the problem, because the new forum will be going live in a few weeks and it needs to have the password problem resolved.

P.s. Any grammar mistakes or incorrect sentence structure blame this silly iPad -_-
I know someone with a smaller forum had this problem, ran the merge system again and it worked the second time around, probably not something you want to do with a large board though.
True, especially seeing as the sql is 1.5gb with no attachments :p
You'll have to wait for someone more experienced than me then! Smile
I have no problem to run it again just to check, but we've done it twice and twice it hasn't ported Passwords.

Okay then Big Grin
Is the login convert plugin activated??
See first post, yes, we even re-enabled too see if it was that, but didn't fix.
Try to do Convert to UTF-8 in the Tools\Maintainence tab of the AdminCP