MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Development] Avec-serifs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I started to work on a theme called Avec-serifs, and only were able to make some significant progress today. I wanted to create a typographic based theme for MyBB, but I thought I'd ask you guys first if you like the style.

I've attatched my current progress, it's only a PSD what I've been working on. I currently have no images to slice for the index (except for the little arrow on the panel). But I'll probably change the member panel because I don't like it much the way it is.

Please tell me what you think about it Smile

Thanks,
Combus
Nice. But Maybe add something to let users know they have PM's?
(2010-07-31, 04:35 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]Nice. But Maybe add something to let users know they have PM's?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be changing the panel, so I think a kind of notifications bubble would be a nice addition. Would probably need language edits, but I'll try to do it w/o them.
I'm interested to see how you would make the two columns like that.
Other than that I quite like it. It's simple, but the colors used mix very well.
Can't want to see the progress Smile
(2010-07-31, 06:56 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested to see how you would make the two columns like that.
Other than that I quite like it. It's simple, but the colors used mix very well.
Can't want to see the progress Smile

Making the columns that way is fairly simple, just set width and float. I'll probably re-code the whole forum_bit templates, so it's not really much of an issue. Thanks Smile
I just figured out how you did it, its fairly simple if I'm doing it right...
(2010-07-31, 10:09 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I just figured out how you did it, its fairly simple if I'm doing it right...

Yeah, having the columns that way is rather trivial.
You should make multiple colours of this, its quite good Combus Smile
(2010-08-01, 01:48 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You should make multiple colours of this, its quite good Combus Smile

Thanks, that's what I'm planning to do. Since almost all elements will be type-based, I should be able to create color variations in minutes.

Also, these colors are probably not as good because I haven't found my glasses in days lol I'm starting to think I'll have to buy new ones D:
Nah the colors are great! Very light, and easy on the eyes. That's something I always have problems with.

Color variations would be cool. Maybe a style switcher somewhere would be nice.
Pages: 1 2