MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When i try to reply PM to someone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when i try to reply someone who has PMed me..

if i click send then there's a text like this :

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\inc\mailhandlers\smtp.php on line 389

please help me out..

my forum can't reply PM.

thanks
who can help me ?

someone ?
PHP is taking too long to send PM's via smtp.php
You will either need to get a new host, upgrade your current package or ask the host to increase the wait limit.
my bandwidth is unlimited, and if i want to increase the wait limit, from where i can do that ?

could you please help me to give the step ?
Nobody said anything about Bandwidth, where are you getting that from?
You will have to ask your host to increase the wait limit, you can't do this yourself unless you are on a VPS or Dedicated Server.
if they asked me what do you mean by wait limit ?

what should i answer then ?
please someone help me ?
the problem haven't solved yet....
Go to C:\xampp\etc\ and open php.ini file. Find max_execution_time value and increase it. Save this file and reboot server.
do you have any recomendation for how long is the max_execution_time ?

because i dont know the best time for it
Line 389 is this:

while((($line = fgets($this->connection, 515)) !== false))

I'm no expert on mail but this seems to be stalling when it's doing something to the server itself. Instead of increasing the time, ask your host what's actually causing it to lag. If it's taking this long there's clearly something tripping it up and it looks like it's the server itself rather than MyBB. Increasing the time is only covering it up and that may not work if it just loops forever. Fix the cause.
(2010-07-31, 12:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Line 389 is this:

I'm no expert on mail but this seems to be stalling when it's doing something to the server itself. Instead of increasing the time, ask your host what's actually causing it to lag. If it's taking this long there's clearly something tripping it up and it looks like it's the server itself rather than MyBB. Increasing the time is only covering it up and that may not work if it just loops forever. Fix the cause.

Actually my server is server game, and also the server's resource is very little.

I think it's not because of the server. I think the problem comes from the MyBB.

and what's wrong with
?
You're the first person to have this problem so I very much doubt it's a problem with MyBB. There is nothing wrong with the code, it's doing something with the server, so if it can't connect, or there's something wrong somewhere, it's going to stall. Other people send SMTP mail just fine.
Pages: 1 2