MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help on PayPal Mod needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm very interested in the PayPal Mod, but actually I don't know what I have to do on PayPal's side and what I also have to do on my forum's side.
According to this post I have to add a new template and add the attached file there. Well, fair enogh so far.

But I took a look into my PayPals account and actually is there anything what I have to activate there to get a receiving account as well? I took a look in there but it's quite confusing what to select to get this thing working...
Your link points to your activation URL.

You need a feature called IPN in your account to be able to use this plugin. IPN is only available to premier or business accounts. But I was able to 'upgrade' for free so I guess it should be ok for you to upgrade. But you should check all the fine print before you do.

I'm guessing the link above points to this thread. This is if you want to create a donation button on your forums. I assumed that people who wanted this plugin already knew how to do it but I guess not. This post will tell you how to do it.

Once you have PP's IPN feature setup, you point it to a page on your forums (usually something like admin/payapl_sync.php) and it should process any incoming donations.