MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP - Possibly Premium] No name yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I decided to throw together another PSD for a MyBB theme. I am just about done with the Limeade theme, and decided to get started on another one. This one might not be premium, I'm not sure it's customized enough to be released as premium.

But anyways, here it is. Let me know what you think.

[attachment=19061]
Looks good, although I'd rip out the tcat all together on the forumbit, then round the bottom corners of the thead.
That's a PSD? Looks like a fully coded theme. Good Job on that.

I like the colors and layout. It's a very professional looking theme. If you add like a "wow-factor" such as jQuery then it could be a Premium theme. Probably like $2.49-$5.49
(2010-07-31, 06:02 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, although I'd rip out the tcat all together on the forumbit, then round the bottom corners of the thead.

I agree that might look better. I'll try it out.

(2010-07-31, 06:14 PM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]That's a PSD? Looks like a fully coded theme. Good Job on that.

I like the colors and layout. It's a very professional looking theme. If you add like a "wow-factor" such as jQuery then it could be a Premium theme. Probably like $2.49-$5.49

It will probably have some jQuery somewhere. Not completely sure yet.
EDIT: I might also add different colors and possibly try to integrate a plugin for the admin to choose the color scheme. If not I'll just put a color switcher somewhere.
EDIT2: Here is the latest preview. I will probably make the menu have lava lamp navigation using jQuery. Depends on how it looks. I will probably integrate support for drop down menus that will use jQuery.

[attachment=19064]
I like it, but I don't feel like it'd be premium TBH (it'd be a huge success as a free theme, we need some more like that). The colors are pretty nice though.

Also, what are those random numbers in the forum rows? (yeah, I know what they are, but not everyone memorized MyBB's default layout). I'm not really keen about the menu active background, it doesn't quite fit the rest of the style.

And finally, you don't have to force the use of unnecessary JS. Really, it's not gonna give it any sort of "wow" or "amazing" touch.
(2010-07-31, 10:01 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]I like it, but I don't feel like it'd be premium TBH (it'd be a huge success as a free theme, we need some more like that). The colors are pretty nice though.

Also, what are those random numbers in the forum rows? (yeah, I know what they are, but not everyone memorized MyBB's default layout). I'm not really keen about the menu active background, it doesn't quite fit the rest of the style.

And finally, you don't have to force the use of unnecessary JS. Really, it's not gonna give it any sort of "wow" or "amazing" touch.

Thanks combus. I wasn't quite sure yet if I was going to release it as premium. It doesn't really have the quality premium themes usually have.

I just realized that once I took out the tcat it looks like there are random numbers.. I will fix that right away. And yeah I agree the menu doesn't fit.

I wasn't neccessarily going to use any JS or jQuery in the first place. I don't think there is really any place for it anyways.

Thanks!
For the tcat situation, put some stuff in the thead like this: http://www.theadminforums.net
I'm not gonna bother taking this on any further. It's not really into my taste. If anyone wants the PSD feel free to PM me. (Only one person will get it though.)
I think it's worth for you to finish and release it Smile It wouldn't take you much time to code it. And people will love it.
I actually have alot of it coded, I just don't really like it. It's not really to my taste. I don't like working with something that I don't like looking at Toungue
Pages: 1 2