MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I royally messed up my forum and am looking for a database layout diagram. I don't have any software (Erwin, etc.) but would like something that shows the relationships and general layout.

I can't believe I did this...
Check out the original package of MyBB.

There's a file called "mysql_db_tables.php" in "\upload\install\resources" that will tell you the structure of the database. It will at least give you an idea of the correct layout.
Thanks, but all that does is tell me the physical layout of the tables. That doesn't show anything about overall structure and how all the tables are related together.
Well you can go and use your PhpMyAdmin it's the easiest and best way.

*out of subject, to used links with ur signature use bbcode
[url=http://www.com]text[/url ]

regards
No there isn't a database layout or schema. I could always try to make one in Word or something...
decswxaqz Wrote:No there isn't a database layout or schema. I could always try to make one in Word or something...

That would be great if you could. I tried re-installing MyBB 1.1 from scratch right after I did an export of all the tables in the previous version (1.04). Unfortunately when I re-imported that SQL, things weren't quite right. If I knew the structure, I could just INSERT all the old data, instead of DROPping the tables and re-CREATEing them (which is where it probably went wrong).

Thanks.

Matt Bittner
Gah. It got far too complex... I found a special package to help me do it, drawing arrows and entities. But it got far too big and the arrows were all over the place Confused. There should be an automatic schema generator...
Forumpermissions is also updated. Acts like a smaller forums table; for permissions Smile.
Datacache is updated too.

It should be relatively easy to find what links to what. ids all have the same name so fid will always point to a forum, tid a thread etc.
decswxaqz Wrote:Forumpermissions is also updated. Acts like a smaller forums table; for permissions Smile.
Datacache is updated too.

There has to be one more. I imported the forums I had before I "messed up", but only one forum is being displayed through index.php.

decswxaqz Wrote:It should be relatively easy to find what links to what. ids all have the same name so fid will always point to a forum, tid a thread etc.

That's a definite help. Thanks!

Matt Bittner