MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck in the upgrader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-08-01, 12:06 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-31, 11:59 PM)leesester Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of connected; I have not upgraded to 1.14.13 - I'm still on 1.4.11 (yea, I know, I'm a slacker) - can I still upgrade direct from 1.4.11 to 1.6 GOLD or should I update to 1.4.13 first and THEN to 1.6 GOLD?

You can update from 1.4.11 to 1.6 gold, but you should update to 1.4.13 right now so you're not vulnerable.

Oh jeez...so I did - and now I am running the upgrader that was in the package and I dont see 1.4.11 to upgrade FROM.... I'm scared to press the button...help?

Im currently trying to upgrade to 1.4.12 BEFORE I do 1.4.13
Why upgrade to 1.4.12 then 1.4.13?

Just upgrade to 1.4.13, it will still have the same effect.
But you still need to run the upgrader

EDIT: I hit the button ANYWAY and all is ok, but jeez, I was scared when I hit it.......
Just make sure you have backups. Big Grin
If you take backups you'll be fine Toungue

To upgrade you either need to upload the full 1.4.13 package, or upload the 1.4.12 changed files package, and then the 1.4.13 changed files package. If 1.4.11 isn't in the list it sounds like the files haven't been updated.
Hi Matt, its a weird thing. I copied the whole lot across for sure, and its only in the upgrader that in the dropdown list there is no reference to 1.4.11. Anyway, all is working fine, though it still hasn't solved that annoying php message I keep getting about header includes on the portal. Anyhoo, 1.6 Gold is coming out anyday now, so I will be upgrading right away. I hope that fixes it.....

Yea, I had the backups but jeez, my FTP is so slow - if I have to copy too much across then it goes into time out and I have to wait like an hour. :/
(2010-08-01, 09:56 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you take backups you'll be fine Toungue

To upgrade you either need to upload the full 1.4.13 package, or upload the 1.4.12 changed files package, and then the 1.4.13 changed files package. If 1.4.11 isn't in the list it sounds like the files haven't been updated.

If there were no database changes he doesn't need to run the updater(if I remember correctly, but I don't know if these updates included one or not off the top of my head).
Well, on the 1.4.12 blog post it said it did. There was a query from another user about upgrading direct to 1.4.13 and if that still needed to be upgraded - the answer was yes.....