MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I am wondering how can I change the default message that is sent via e-mail to activa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering how can I change the default message that is sent via e-mail to activate his/her account. The default message says “To complete the registration process on Government Unleashed, you will need to go to the URL below in your web browser.” to something else.

From the CP where do I go?
Is there a problem with that? That is your site's name and it directs to your site's url does it not?

Perhaps you should have considered that before naming your site, or establishing your URL, as such. huh?

At any rate, you should contact your web host about changing your URL designation. As far as I know, there is nothing you can do within MyBB to change how or by what 'search term(s)' your site is found.

You can, however prevent every search engine from ever finding your site or forum. But that sort of defeats the purpose of a forum and a website, that is unless you invite people to it. I do have one set up like that -- and your'e not invited. lol

I guess what I'm sayin' is that YOU PICKED THE NAME FOR YOUR SITE and now your kinda' STUCK WITH IT!....Sorry!!!
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm guessing it's in the language files somewhere. Look around.

(2010-08-02, 08:38 PM)dcaduser Wrote: [ -> ]I guess what I'm sayin' is that YOU PICKED THE NAME FOR YOUR SITE and now your kinda' STUCK WITH IT!....Sorry!!!

What? That's like the very 1st setting, it can't be much harder. If your talking about the URL, it's not too hard to point an addon domain to your forums.

Anyways, I don't think that's what they wanted.
Yes it is in the language files. I am not sure which one but I have seen that email text in one if them.
(2010-08-01, 03:43 PM)governmentunleashed Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering how can I change the default message that is sent via e-mail to activate his/her account. The default message says “To complete the registration process on Government Unleashed, you will need to go to the URL below in your web browser.” to something else.

From the CP where do I go?

inc/languages/english
messages.lang.php (copy this file onto your desktop, then edit line 196, save and reupload.)