MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Translator script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
okay....is there a new version of this to be expected for PR2 (well for 1.0 really) that we could use?

If someone is going to update this for the PR2/1.0 (most likely same anyway since it's unlikely there will be any changes between PR2 and 1.0 when it comes to language-handling), would it be possible to include a section on the tool that not only shows the text-value, the translation but also the CONTEXT as with some languages (especially Finnish) the form of the word is dependant on the context. At least I ran into this problem translating phpBB2

ie. December = Joulukuu (in Finnish)
12th of December = 12. Joulukuuta (notice the change in the translation of the month)

Best regards,
Kimmo

PS. This thread might feel more at home in the 'translations' category
The script should already work, because its not releated to MyBB's coding (independant) and its open and reads the directories (ie, adding your own file will show there without editing php) and the instructions remain the same, copy english.php and ./english/ to say german.pjp and ./german/, open up german.php and edit it to suit. Then open the translator script and set at the top the language of the files to change. Therefore, it should with PR2 already.
You must create a folder exactly the same as the english folder with the same fies within. Then ChMod them to 777.

what i have to do?
Sad
If you wish to be a translator, vladinho, please read http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=3610 first. It contains a list of finished translations and translations in progress. Perhaps the language you wish to translate into has already been taken care of.

If not and you still wish to translate, follow the instructions as posted in that thread (send a PM). You will then be given further instructions.
i dont see romanian language
and i dont know how to make Sad
Where can i download that MyBb Translator script?, i want translate turkish language.
belalim Wrote:Where can i download that MyBb Translator script?, i want translate turkish language.
You might be interested in reading http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=3506 first.
i know that threat but i cannot see there the progress information.
Ask him. Maybe you can help him to get it faster finished.
Well, sorry for the wait. It needed some stupid fix that checked if there was any data in the files (which I thought was obvious anyway).

However here's the file. Remember reading the manual some posts above.

I must say that I'm not in charge of this tool, actually I allow anyone to change it and publish the mod as they desire. It would be nice they made some comments about the changes and released their versions here. I'm quite busy with other issues and I know there's quite a group of people around with extensive PHP knowledge Toungue

Anyway, here's the working script. Have a happy new year. Smile

Edit: I removed the htmlentitizing of the translated textarea (text became htmlentitized when an already translated string was selected showing plenty of "&"-codes where applicable).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7