MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin no longer has admin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm running a forum for my friend's gaming clan over at http://www.clanteamphoo.tk/forum and I changed the Admin group name to Site Owner, Super Mods to Chieftain, and Mods to Shamans. I put the leader into the Super Mod group, and gave him the secondary group Site Owner. (I tried giving the Chieftain group admin cp access, but he barely had any) With being in the Chieftain group with the Site Owner as his secondary, he was able to fully use the CP, then he randomly couldn't. The only things he could see were configuration and tools and maintenance. But, the tools and maintenance say that he doesn't have enough access, although he's in the Site Owner group. And he can't view anything else in the Admin CP.
I would try giving him access to at least one part of the tools and maintenance, assuming that you blocked off everything in there.
I didn't block anything off.
The usergroup he's in (Super Mod) has the Admin CP option enabled.
And since he didn't have full access, I gave him the Admin group as a secondary group so he would have full access.
He did have full access, but then it went away for no reason.

I also did this to a Shaman.
Except, the shaman group doesn't have access to the Admin CP.
I put this guy into the Admin group for his secondary, and he has full Admin access.

I'll remove the Super mod group option to have Admin CP access and see what happens.

Edit:
He finally has access.
I put his primary group to Mod, gave him Admin as a secondary group and put his shown group as Super Mod.
This may pose a risk but if you (really) really trust him put him has a Super Admin. Or change the groups back and create new groups.