MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some users cannot upload attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason a few of my forums' members complain that they get a blank white page after clicking the 'Add Attachment' button. They don't see any errors, it's blank, but this is in the address bar: http://www.allbordercollies.com/forums/n...rocessed=1

Which shows this error when you go there: "Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button."

My website host is 1and1.com and I know that the post_max_size is set at 32M.

I know the files are not too large as myself and just about everyone else is able to upload very large files, like this for example: http://www.allbordercollies.com/forums/T...2#pid25522

I have a test account set up but I don't think it will be of any real use in solving this as the problem is only with a select few account. user: TestAccount pass: testing

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Worked fine for me. Is it possible that those users have reached their attachment limits?
(2010-08-02, 09:39 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]Worked fine for me. Is it possible that those users have reached their attachment limits?

Hi, Mark. No I have it set to no limit.
It doesn't make sense that it would only affect some users. Were they ever able to upload attachments?

Are they in a different userr group maybe? If so check attachment permissions.

Lastly, if all else fials all I can think of is to tell them to clear their cache and maybe the forum cookie and try again.
(2010-08-02, 10:08 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't make sense that it would only affect some users. Were they ever able to upload attachments?

Are they in a different userr group maybe? If so check attachment permissions.

Lastly, if all else fials all I can think of is to tell them to clear their cache and maybe the forum cookie and try again.

Yeah I know, makes no sense at all. They are in the regular "Registered" group with everyone else. And some say they were able to in the past and others say they've never been able to.
Well, I tried again, using IE7, IE8, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, and had no problems uploading with any of them.

Try logging in using one of the account of someone having that issue and see if you can upload.
I got the blank page when trying to upload a huge image (1.9MB) but it works just fine with a reasonable size image.
Yep, that's it I just did the same. Uploaded a photo that's 4.5MB and got the blank screen. I knew it must be something simple like that.
I just tried uploading a 6.3 MB mp3, and it ran for 2 minutes then told me that it was an invalid file type. Zipped it and tried again, this time it ran the full time and diplayed a maximum file size error. So, I'm not seeing the same problems.
I have it set not to allow .mp3 and the .zip limit is 1MB.
Pages: 1 2