MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which is a better domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think forums because you don't just have one forum, you have multiple, so Forums.
I vote neither. I always prefer: creativenamehere.com/forums
Interesting, thanks.
BOTH << i learned the hard way. i got {something}forums.com and then a few weeks later someone got {something}forum.com, that caused a few fights , as he claimed though i had my domain weeks earlier, and he thought up his idea after mine... that it was me who copied him....*twilightzone music plays*
I like forums.whateva

If I search for some forums on google I'll be searching tech forums not tech forum, Iono if one little "s" makes a difference but it just makes more sense.

Also, IMHO forums sounds better. And as other people have pointed out, its Correct English.
I don't get it. The word is latin, why should it be an english word now?
Forum it means = place, place where people discuss. So i think that it should remain in the nominative case given that since latin wasn't used anymore people used latin words only in the nominative case.
Yes however when used in context: Boards contain Categories which contain Forums.
(2010-08-04, 01:44 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes however when used in context: Boards contain Categories which contain Forums.
Correct, though Forums looks more inviting and less "I-want-your-soul" evil, as MS uses that prefix.
Also, Forums and Boards are largely interchangeable -- you can also say Forums that contain Categories that contain Boards and still be grammatically correct.
Well, forums is more used as i can see on the net,

I am going to change my domain in the next few days. Maybe i'll change my MyBB directory to /forums/ instead of /forum/ after reading this thread
forums for sure..

arcade-forums.com

^^shameless plug Toungue lol
Pages: 1 2 3