MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updating to 1.6 - What will happen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I really want to upgrade to MyBB 1.6 from the last release but I have some questions I would like to ask.

Firstly what will happen to all the plugins I have installed? I am more worried about such things like, NewPoints, Default Message, Welcome PM, My Ad Manager. I have those installed on my board and would upgrading make these plugins stop working? Because I depend on these plugins for the kind of forum I own and run.

Secondly, all my current theme edits are exactly how I want them. Would I be able to use my current theme with all it's edits on MyBB 1.6?

I am running MyBB 1.4.13.

Thanks in advance.
Sadly, your plugins will not work with 1.6. They will need to be updated. Deactivating them will keep your setting's they just wont be activated. The custom edit's on my forum stayed as it, so there should be no problem Wink
So your 1.4.13 theme worked with 1.6?

Well I think I will wait on updating until all my plugins have been updated Smile I rely on using them at my forum.
I'm gonna wait til about 1.6.2 before I upgrade, giving time for plugins and themes to be rereleased Wink
(2010-08-03, 06:13 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna wait til about 1.6.2 before I upgrade, giving time for plugins and themes to be rereleased Wink
^this, i can wait a little longer.

i already upgraded, its just better than the previous one guys Big Grin
Most of the plugin for MyBB 1.4 will work fine on 1.6 .
you just change the code "compatibility" => "14*" to "compatibility" => "16*" of the plugin to allow active.
Yeah but will the plugin function correctly on 1.6 if it was made for 1.4.13?
(2010-08-03, 04:48 PM)nhtera Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the plugin for MyBB 1.4 will work fine on 1.6 .
you just change the code "compatibility" => "14*" to "compatibility" => "16*" of the plugin to allow active.
I wish people would stop saying that. Plugins like new points are seriously complex. If plugins ONLY rely on built in php functions this will work. However if it uses mybb class functions, any changes to these in the jump between 1.4 -> 1.6 could cause corruption, deletions of data and all sorts of nasty things to your board. For starters, the templates have changed. So some key template changes may not work now. Some functions have been changed and hooks added/depreciated. Stop telling people things you evidently know very little about.

oh, yes Most plugins can be updated with minimal changes but those changes are not clear. MyBB is very little documentation for users.
Pages: 1 2