MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors in PayPal plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I installed the german translation of this plugin, but the codebase is the same, I guess.

During the installation I got the mysql_num_rows():... in row 151 in ...inc/db_mysql.php. This line is just for returning the number of rows. I guess this might be just wrong handling or so.

The next thing is that it did not add the column canusepaypal in mybb_adminoptions, I had to add it manually (VARCHAR(3), default 'no'). Plus I had to change to value for the administrator to be able to see PayPal transactions (default is no). I guess this comes because of the previous mysql_num_rows() error described above.

Even though EI 1.2 is installed in my system it did not report an error when trying to modify admin/index.php and admin/adminoptions.php because they were set to -rw-r--r--, my UID. So the webserver cannot write it. Make sure that both of them have -rw-rw-rw- rights (666), otherwise the plugin cannot modify those files and you won't see any additional features in your admin panel.

That's all for the moment. Ah, forgot to mention it, my system is MyBB 1.0.4 with EI1.2, Advanced Plugins 1.0, Alternative Rep. System 2.3, Portal Forwarding 1.0.2, One email address per account 1.0.0 and finally the Rules Page plugin 1.0.

Is this information useful?
The num rows problem happens because of an error I use in a function. But I thought this was fixed in later MyBB versions... I'll have another look at it.
I would have told you to add it yourself but you've already done that Smile.

If the changes haven't been made then you need to deactivate PayPal, change the permissions for EI to be able to write to the admin folder and files within, and then reactivate the plugin.
I'm not sure if you are needing help or telling me about them... thanks if it's the latter Smile