MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: List of changed / new files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I get a list of all the new and changed files please?
That would take a long, long time.

Download a full backup of your forum. Make sure to keep config.php found in "/inc".

Then just upload a fresh MyBB 1.6 GOLD copy. Modifications/styles may need to be upgraded first.

(2010-08-03, 05:51 AM)iGeorge Wrote: [ -> ]That would take a long, long time.

Download a full backup of your forum. Make sure to keep config.php found in "/inc".

Then just upload a fresh MyBB 1.6 GOLD copy. Modifications/styles may need to be upgraded first.

They're usually included with every release.

I also keep the settings too?
(2010-08-03, 05:55 AM)Miley Wrote: [ -> ]

I also keep the settings too?

Yes, settings should be kept as well I believe, not 100% sure though. Make sure you keep a FULL backup though.

My site has just been upgraded with no problems (I removed all themes and plugins though)

http://www.thediscussionzone.com/index.php

Take a full backup in case something goes wrong.
okay thanks
im doing it later today cause i cba now ill let you know how it all goes if its something bad
(2010-08-03, 05:54 AM)Chase Wrote: [ -> ]They're usually included with every release.

For maintenance or security releases, yes, this is a major feature release where most files have changed, wouldn't be much point listing every file in the package.
We don't give changed / new file differentials for Major Releases because practically every file is changed in those type of releases.

Just an FYI as well:
1) The MyBB default package does not include a "config.php" file. That file is automatically generated during installation
2) The settings.php can self-regenerate (yes, doesn't that sound so cool)

All-in-all there's not much you need to worry about. And as long as you take backups of the filesystem and DB before you upgrade there is absolutely nothing you have to worry about.