MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with upgrade[SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi... well I am in the process of deleting everything since the upgrade appeared to work fine but did not.
My site has a lot of videos.. and not one of them worked. I did not get the postbit as here and only one of my plugins worked. Now I will have a mess LOL... since I will have to find all those plugins when I use my backupdb and uninstall all of them. Actually I guess a clean board is fine.
I also have a copy of my actual forum and would like to use it but don't know if it will work. Therefore I will have lost everything?
Why did you make a support topic if you are going to delete everything?

Anyway, you're problem is probably as simple as you were not following or reading instructions. After the upgrade process is complete it tells you to go to the ACP and run the "Find Updated Templates" process.

After that if you are still having problems I would suggest going to Admin CP -> "File Verification" and running that tool to check if you have any old files still.

After that you should make sure you have all of your plugins updated or deactivated until updated ones are available.

There's no need to reinstall. That's just silly
Okay well Ryan I am going to try again with the older version. Would you suggest that I do that? I would never leave mybb. I blew it I guess and will try again. Thank you
If you revert back to your backup, you should be able to plan your upgrade a lot better while your website keeps running.

A good idea is to make a copy of your forum somewhere else, then trying to upgrade that to see if there are any issues. Always read instructions and plan...
I did Tomm M anyhow I have my forum running on 1.4 for now while I uninstall the plugins that I know will not work on there. I am not in a hurry now that I know I will have to make changes.
When I had upgraded the board I had done it the way the documentation states. I deactivated all the plugins.. and put the default skin up prior to installing. Smile