MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Over Writing Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now I'm trying to upgrade 1.4 to 1.6. I'm stuck at the part where I have to overwrite the old files/folders to the new files/folders. I'm using the file manager on cPanel to do this. When I move all the files from the Upload folder to the forum directory, it doesn't overwrite. So how do I overwrite the files?
If you download 1.6 and unzip it, open the Upload folder. Select all the contents, and add them to a zip file.

Upload this new zip file to the root of your forum, and extract. It should overwrite all the files in the folder (at least, it does that on mine, if not, ask your host). Remember to perform a backup of your current files and database before upgrading!
I recommend using an FTP client, it is easier to use Wink
Use an FTP client to upload your files, but Tomm's way is much better! Smile
Just make sure you do not upload settings.php or config.default.php
(2010-08-03, 09:11 AM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Just make sure you do not upload settings.php or config.default.php

Both of these files can be uploaded safely - config.default.php does nothing and settings.php is blank in the download. Basically, it will regenerate and take over the world the settings from the database.

Smile